Block Balsa has many uses, including:
- Model aeroplanes: you can find a lot of aeroplanes and gliders made from Balsa, , particularly for hobbyists who wish to create lightweight, strong and flexible planes.
- Boats and surfboards: Watercraft like boats and surfboards are made by placing it between layers of fibreglass to buttress its flexibility and strength,
- Furniture: Designers are increasingly turning to balsa wood as a material for furniture, lauding its sustainability as a fast-growing tree along with its aesthetic properties.
- Musical string instruments: Designer of musical instruments, particularly string instruments like violins, use balsa for its excellent acoustics.
- Model bridges: It is useful for students of Design and Technology and engineering who need to build model bridges as part of the curriculum